Dr Mahathir Mohamad: Openness

Advertisement

The media controlled by government should be free and non-partisan.I hate reading the newspapers nowadays because its usually bout the same thing. And its very different from what is reported at the alternative media. I guess its what we choose to believe.It is very obvious that local media are now been control by authorities.

But my question is,

Is that good to control the media?

Well, It is not good to LIE the public. The truths are all been hidden by the gov't . Majority of us act like a frog inside a well of being not knowing the truth of our country. I hope there will be more purity of media and things in our country. We shouldn’t let this carry to the future. It isn’t a healthy practice

Dr Mahathir Mohamad: Openness

It's that relativity thing again, "openness". One do not have to "study" (as you had suggested) the mainstream media to observe their pinhole "openness". My bulging Hadhari eyeballs can certainly detect more openness (literally) flipping through the entertainment section of those newspapers. There were obvious "control" during your tenure of the premiership, but on hindsight, those were acceptable. These days? Oh dear... mainstream media reads like junk, even tabliods are more entertaining. The mainstream media's spin is only successful in cementing people's distrust of the government.

Warm summer evenings, sweet white eyelet, bare sun-kissed shoulders: the white eyelet dress is the perfect way to stay cool and look pretty doing it. But at what price?eyelet

At the high end (left) there's a white eyelet dress from Theory (Buy Direct). It features Italian cotton eyelet, sideseam pockets, a cotton lining, inset empire waist and a price tag of $345.

At the low end (right) there's a white eyelet dress from Fashion Bug (Buy Direct) that also has lining, cotton eyelet and seaming under the bust for support. It's $34.99. (Photo Credit: Left, Nordstrom; right, Fashion Bug)

Like I said, I’m hunting for my perfect bag (clearly, I need help!). I’m looking at way more bags than I ever have in my life in such a short period of time, so I’m starting to notice certain trends. For example, many designers who haven’t previously chosen to do so are using large metal plates on their bags. Kate Spade has a rather overstated version that I’m not such a fan of, and then more successfully here although I still don’t like the bag.

For an entirely successful and posh-looking execution, have a look at Anya Hindmarch’s “Shirley”. Jimmy Choo has integrated his metal plate into part of the Ramona bag’s latch, Mulberry did a very classy version which is, I think, my favourite so far. See also this Dooney & Bourke wallet, and this Cole Haan travel pouch.